As I mentioned in my previous blog post I have picked up a fair few new pieces of make-up over the past few months. The post before was my first views on a new foundation and powder, which you can read here, from there I want to move onto the eyes. I bought a lovely set from Estee Lauder, it was an amazing offer during the boxing day sales and I couldn’t resist it. It included many make up pieces and beautiful skincare items.

After being very impressed with the first part of my make-up testing, I was excited to see how the rest would fair. So, the first:




Estee Lauder Pur Colour Envy Eyeshadow Palette
The only time I’ve used any Estee Lauder eyeshadows was due to a very small trio that came in a set a few years ago. The quality was not great but it did the job as it was a small palette perfect for travelling. So, I was interested to see if the Estee Lauder eyeshadows had increased in quality. And I must say they absolutely have; I love the feel of the eyeshadows as they glide on beautifully. The blendability of each shadow was also perfect, feeling super creamy on the lid – I’ve only tested a few shades, but so far I have been very happy. Also, I like the fact the palette has room for a lipgloss/mascara at the base, this is a lovely little added extra.


Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme
The second item I tried is the Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara in black. I’ve tried this mascara once before, but back then I didn’t like it as it was super wet and didn’t do anything for my lashes. As it came in a set this time I thought I would give it another whirl and was actually really happy with the outcome. I don’t know if they have changed the formula of it, but it helped to lengthen my lashes without making them too clumpy. I really like my lashes to be lengthy and not too thick on a day-to-day basis, so it suited this requirement.

Once again I am really happy with these two products and cannot wait to test out the third section – lips! I will have a few new lip products to talk to you about and I will be giving my first impressions on three!


Do you have a favourite eyeshadow palette?