The final part of my testing new make up leads me onto ‘The Lips.’ I think buying lip products is always my favourite part of purchasing new make-up. Though, I buy ‘daring’ colours and rarely use them, but such is the life of a woman, right?

I’ve got a fair few new lip product and as I said in part one, which you can read here and part 2 here, I have purchased some of these products and others I received for Christmas. The products I have used are out of my comfort zone and not items I would potentially grab on a day-to-day basis. However, because of that I really wanted to try some products that were different and alternative to my usual bunch.



New Look Liquid Lipstick
This lipstick I picked up when the new New Look make up collection was released. I was slightly astounded at all the different items they had produced, including new make up brushes and also a hair line. The colour I picked was absolutely out of my comfort zone and away from anything I would generally wear. I am usually a nude lip kind of girl, I like the brown/nude shades and I tend to always stick to them. Whilst I would class this lip colour as a nude shade, it has clear purple undertones – which slightly scares me. But the colour itself is beautiful.

However, when testing this particular liquid lipstick I was slightly horrified by the colour. To me it is completely unwearable! I much preferred the formula than the NYX one though, but it did set into the crease line. It was just such a shame on the colour itself!


Estee Lauder Pure Colour in Envious
If you read my previous blog post you would know that in the January sales I purchased a beautiful box full of Estee Lauder products. I have since tested the eye shadow palette and the mascara and from there I am not testing one of their lipsticks. This one in particular is a beautiful shade of red, I tend to stay away from these shades unless I am going on a night out. But I have been looking for a red that I would be abe to wear on a day-to-day basis. This one is beautifully rich and creamy, it is not a matte shade as you would tend to find with Red lipsticks – and I love this! It has subtle blue undertones that make your teeth shine white and it’s staying power is simply beautiful!



NYX Lingerie Liquid Lipstick in Push Up


I love the NYX Liquid Suede lip products and have been waiting for my local Boots to stock the Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks for a long time. So, when I saw them in stock I knew I wanted to pick them up. However, I only picked one up this time because I wanted to see if I liked the formula before buying any of the other colours. Another thing which halted me was the fact that most of the colours were pretty similar. I bought the colour Push Up, whilst the product glided onto my lips and created a beautiful colour I was not overly impressed with the formula, as it sat in the lines of my lines and after a while felt very drying. Another one of my issues is the doe foot applicator is very long, which I found quite difficult to use. It was also a pain to remove, which, I guess, could be seen as a positive as it was definitely long lasting!  

So, a few hit and misses there!


What is your favourite lip product at the moment?