I have so many goals for this new year. The first two weeks to the year have been full of thoughts, tears and also revelations. I am taking 2019 head on and have come across many new thoughts for the year that I can take forward.

Here are my five goals for 2019
1.     A career change – for a while now I have thought long and hard about what I want to achieve in my life. My Undergraduate degree was in Creative Writing and Publishing and my Postgraduate degree was in Writing for Young People. For the last 18 months I worked in Marketing, while it was incredible and eye opening I felt that I need to move onto bigger and better things and am really excited about where this could head. Also, I’m determined to finish one of my WIP novels!

2.     Set up my own business – I have always loved the idea of working for myself, and while I know that this is not going to be an easy task I would love to start one. Even if it’s just small, Esty business – I believe you should start somewhere.

3.     Get fit for the wedding – I get married in December! Just saying it out loud (or typing it) makes it sound so real and exciting. From the start of the month I went back to eating healthy and going to the gym. However, I really want to kick it up a notch, going to the gym more and eating just that bit healthier. Whilst I love eating healthy and the benefits of it I do believe there is a difference between dieting and eating healthy – I believe that everything we consume should be in moderation. Therefore, if one day I am feeling an Indian takeaway or a pizza I will not deny my body these cravings as sometimes it can just make it worse.

4.     Plan the perfect honeymoon – this is something I have already started and am in contact with a lovely Travel Agent who is helping us find our perfect honeymoon. What are your dream travel destinations?

5.     Keep things that matter – at the start of the year I made the decision to start decluttering my life! This meant I started with clearing out my wardrobe, I have removed over half of my clothes and put them up on my depop page. I still have so many clothes and make up items to go on there! If you would like to take a look at my page it’s @shannonkims!