You may know by now that I have a severe gluten intolerance, and as such I’ve had to change my diet considerable over the past year. It’s coming up to exactly a year ago when I got my ‘diagnosis’ and as such I thought it’d be a nice idea to start sharing some of the recipes I have found over this time. I have adapted some to my own taste and fallen in love with many particular meals.

My favourite has to be the Gluten Free Mushroom Halloumi Burgers!


I like that I can adapt this dish to best suit my needs/wants for that particular day. Some days I will literally just have the giant mushrooms with halloumi on top. On others, I’ll have it on top of a piece of gluten free bread and add a bunch of spinach to make the meal extra filling! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do and even though it’s simple it’s super yummy!


What will you need?
  • Olive Oil
  • 2 x Giant Mushrooms 
  • 2 x Slices of Haloumi 
  • 2 x Sweet Potatoes
  • Spinach 
  • Salt & Pepper

(This recipe is for one person so double the quantities for two and so on!)

What do you need to do?

1.     Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into even disks.
2.     Place onto a baking tray lined with grease proof paper and drizzle with olive oil, season for taste.
3.     Bake for 10 minutes at 180’C.
4.     After 10 minutes place the giant mushrooms onto a separate baking tray, season with salt & pepper and peel if desired.
5.     Place into the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes.
6.     When there’s 4 minutes left fry the halloumi in a little olive oil for 2 minutes on each side.
7.     Once the mushrooms and sweet potato disks are cooked remove from the oven.
8.     Set the mushrooms onto a bed of spinach, or gluten free bread, and lay the halloumi on top.
9.     Add the sweet potato disks and enjoy! 

A very simple, yet effective, dish that is completed in a short amount of time! I hope you enjoyed the recipe.
What is your favourite meal to cook?