Left to Right: Sugar Glass, Nude Suede Shoes, Cannes, Soft Spoken, Vintage

With the launch of NYX in many of the boots stores across the country it was only a matter of time before one of my local ones decided to grace us with it's presence. So upon entering the boots in Bath I was filled with joy upon seeing it – though I'm sure my bank account wasn't afterwards. I went with the anticipation to browse the stand and to maybe find some lip products. I was hoping to see the Lingerie Liquid Lipsticks but they seem to be out of stock in most places but I did manage to find a few alternatives that I am happy with. Testing them out I instantly wanted to write a review as I knew there may be some of you who, like me, want to find a cheaper alternative for the more expensive lip products.  

The first is the Nude Suede Shoes Lip Liner, a beautiful creamy consistency, a lovely nude with subtle pink undertones. It really reminds me of my favourite lip liners from Urban Decay ( Ex-Girlfriend) and  MAC (Staunchly Stylish). And for £5.50, I really don't think you can go wrong as they're a fraction of the cost. I also picked up a lip liner in the colour Sugar Glass, this again is a nude with brown undertones. It's slightly lighter than the other one though the packaging doesn't suggest this. Once again it's beautifully creamy but I think I would wear the other one more as it matches more of my lipsticks. But both lip liners have excellent staying power and claim to be waterproof, which is great, as it will not remove when having a drink.

Matte Lip Cream in Cannes is next, when applying this product, it felt super creamy on the lips and glided on effortlessly. The finish did appear to be matte but not overly that my lips felt dry. The formula is beautiful and I love the nude colour, it matches the lip liner in Nude Suede Shoes perfectly, save for it being slightly darker. My only, minor, problem is it doesn't completely dry and can smudge slightly if it catches on anything. 

The next is the NYX Liquid Suede lipsticks, the first one I have tried is the colour Soft Spoken, this is a beautiful mauve colour that matches the liner Nude Suede Shoes perfectly. The difference between this and the Matte Lip Cream is it dries much faster and also feels more like a matte lipstick. I love this colour but my problem with it is the application. The doe foot applicator is incredibly long making it difficult to apply the product to the lips without making a mess. My final product is Vintage, the darkest of the lot and probably slightly more out of my comfort zone than I would have liked but I wanted to be adventurous and experiment some more. However, when I tried this I was actually pleasantly surprised, whilst I stand by the fact that I think the application is incredibly difficult to use, I love the colour. I would say a liner in the same colour is needed and would benefit me, but one layer of this is perfect and good to go! 


What are your favourite liquid lipsticks? Are there any more affordable ones out there?