I was highly anticipating this month’s Birchbox to be something good after how much I enjoyed June’s. I feel perhaps I was slightly too optimistic about it after the success of the last. What I loved the most about June’s was the difference in the boxes, instead of the generic design we were instead graced with box drawers. I loved this as it meant I wasn’t just throwing the boxes away and instead able to put them to use. It’s a shame it didn’t continue but I enjoyed it whilst it was there.

Onto the box itself, this month was a gorgeous design in collaboration with Millie McIntosh, who I happen to love – being the avid Made in Chelsea fan that I am!

The products themselves were a mixture of good and okay.

John Frieda 7-Day Volume
My problem with this product is that I do not need any volume in my hair! My hair is already naturally thick and therefore this product seems a slight waste to me. But for those of you who my be interest it claims to thicken the hair for up to 7 days.

Nails Inc
Next is this mini of the Nails Inc nail polishes in a beautiful grey shades. I love colours like this for evenings out because they are a very chic and classic colour. I haven’t tried the colour yet so I cannot comment on the staying power but it’s very pretty.

Elemis Hydra-Nourish Night Cream
I have actually received this cream before but have not yet used it as I like to use the miniature sizes for when I travel. It claims to be a replenishing night cream and an advanced skincare. I have used a few Elemis products before and have really been impressed with them so I am excited to see how this one will fair.

Hydraluron Moisture Boosting Mask
I have heard of these masks before but have never had the chance to get one. I am actually really happy to have received this product as I am going through a slight funk when it comes to my skin. At the moment I seem to have very dry parts of my face, which causes my make up to become slightly patchy, so I am hoping that these will help with that.

LOC x Millie
This lip product is the Birchbox exclusive item and one which is in collaboration with Millie McIntosh. It’ colour is a pretty pink – perfect for those summer days.

I feel that this time last year the products were more aimed at travel and holidays – which I think, to be honest I probably would have preferred due to the nature of the year. All in all, I found this box to be a mixture of emotions, some products, such as the mask and the ail polish I am looking forward to testing. Whereas, the John Frieda product I know I will not get much use out of – which is a shame as it’s a full size product.


What did you get this month in Birchbox? Do you feel it is still worth the money?