Around two months ago I was told I was allergic to Gluten, this meant my entire food lifestyle had to be turned on its head. My mum also has a gluten intolerance and therefore we decided to find healthy and tasty meals that we could cook together and enjoy. It also meant we were able to spend our mummy-daughter time together which I love.

A lot of people have asked me over the past two months if being gluten free is hard. My only response has been, no. I have found it very easy to convert over due to the amount of choice now in supermarkets. M&S do an amazing range of gluten free products, as do Tesco. But I am getting ahead of myself here.

Over the next couple of months I want to be able to give you all a taster of some of the meals we have been having!

First up is our main meal for ‘meat free Monday.’ Each week we aim to have a day where we don’t eat any meat – I really look forward to these days as we have some extremely tasty foods!

My favourite is our ‘Stuffed Mushrooms with Vegetable Quinoa & an Olive Salad.’ It’s a very simple meal that is easy to make and tastes delicious.

We break up a piece of gluten free bread into crumbs and combine it with goats cheese, both soft and normal – (another intolerance I have is milk, but that’s a story for another time) to stuff the giant mushrooms with.

The salad is so simple, baby lamb leaves with cucumber, tomatoes and chilli olives. The mushrooms sit on a bed of quinoa which has been combined with fried onions and peppers. The final part of baking the mushrooms is to add extra grated goats cheese and cook until this is melted. Then volia! You have a simple, delicious meal ready and waiting. 


What you will need:

Serves 2

4 stuffed mushrooms

1 slice of gluten free bread

Soft Goats Cheese

Regular Mild Goats Cheese

Quinoa

Red Onion

Red Pepper

Lambs Lettuce

Cherry Tomatoes

Cucumber

Olives

What’s your favourite meal to make? I'd love to know!